Source is a learning site focused on learning vocabulary and grammar.
It offers limited basic vocabulary, phrases and some grammar topics.
It is organized intuitively, is easily accessible and had downloadable audio files. The diction is good, the pace appropriate to the level of Bulgarian language study.
It offers games for language practice, which is a plus.
The video lessons are no longer available, which is an unfortunate development occurred after source identification.
Source addresses needs of beginner students in need of integration into a systematic language course.
It can be integrated into other activities on the revision stage.
Source can be validated in groups of different age groups of learners.
Source is useful mostly for introductory classes. Some lessons can be integrated into larger learning/teaching units.
1. Lecturer announces topic: Bulgarian verb. https://mylanguages.org/bulgarian_verbs.php.
(This complex part of speech needs special training, as Bulgarian possesses a narrative mood,
absent in other Slavic languages and in English, among others).
2. Lecturer gives examples from the list of the (12) most commonly used verbs presented in various forms in source.
Lecturer can add flash cards to illustrate actions described in example.
3. Students are asked to listen and repeat a few examples.
4. Lectuerer shows/gives a file with tables of verb forms organized according to grammatical categories.
5. Students are given fill-in-the gaps excercises (created by lecturer) focused on the verbs illustrated in examples.
6. Lectuere invites students to pair work: student 1 reads sentence in source (verb in 3rd pers.singular, which also stands for reference form in Bulgarian) , student 2 gives alternative forms (1st person)Той обича/he loves/likes - (аз) обичам/I love/like.
7. Revision: class repeats all (12) verbs in 3rd pers.sg.in relation to flash card the lecturer or volunteer student shows.
Capacity to match the needs of lecturers and students
The provided tangible improvements
The capacity to motivate students to improve their language skills
Effectiveness in introducing innovative, creative and previously unknown approaches to LSP learning
Measurement of the transferable potential and possibility to be a source of further capitalisation/application for other language projects in different countries
Skills assessment and validation
Availability of appropriate tools for lecturers to monitor students’ progress and for students to assess own progress and to reflect on learning
Flexibility of the contents and possibilities for the LSP lecturers to adapt the contents to their and to students’ need
Assess the technical usability from the point of view of the lecturer and the student
Assess the accessibility from the point of view of the lecturer and the student
This easily-accessible ources presents a limited vocabulary, which recommends it as a part of larger language course.
It provides improvements by its capacity to stimulate language preparation on a beginners level
and motivates learners at this initial stage.
It is moderately innovative and totally tranferable, which can be seen in the list of other (50) languages included on this address.
Source provides opportunity for validation of listening comprehension, speaking and writing and reading skills.
It might be adapted to level A2 by recourse to additional sources and methods.
The site also gives some useful practical advice and guidance in language learning, which makes it appropriate for independent study.
Website of the Teaching Source: