2. Very specialized content, especially suitable for geography students (as well as close and / or related fields and specialties) and those interested in climate change and natural phenomena. These users would appreciate a resource which has the potential to offer a wide range of linguistic activities in the learning process. The online course "Klimalt" would be very suitable for listening / comprehension / reading exercises for those interested in the topic. Like other resources, it could be used for many activities depending on the students' specialty. In this regard, the database can be easily enriched with materials from various disciplines, such as psychology, law, economics, literature, etc. Prof.Assia Assenova, Kliment Okhridski University, Sofia and Ca Foscari University, Venice.
1. Topic from the 'Myths'' section https://www.climateka.bg/category/myths/
''Climate change before as well; today we are witnessing the same' is introduced by lecturer.
2. Lecturer and student discuss the title >Мит: Климатът се е променял и преди – днес е същото and anticipate the content of video.
3. Group watches and listens to video.
4. Students are asked to work in pairs: read,
5. Students are invited to read text/paragraph.
5. Vocabulary is discussed, students are invited to use glossary.
6. Terminology is discussed and introdudes into pair work.
7. Stylistics of technical Bulgarian text is analyzed: phrases (Научен анализ показва...), vocabulary парниковите газове, климатични промени, колебаниe, количество, въглерод, доказателство, целия геоложки запис. причин, емисиите, отделям etc.
Capacity to match the needs of lecturers and students
The provided tangible improvements
The capacity to motivate students to improve their language skills
Effectiveness in introducing innovative, creative and previously unknown approaches to LSP learning
Measurement of the transferable potential and possibility to be a source of further capitalisation/application for other language projects in different countries
Skills assessment and validation
Availability of appropriate tools for lecturers to monitor students’ progress and for students to assess own progress and to reflect on learning
Flexibility of the contents and possibilities for the LSP lecturers to adapt the contents to their and to students’ need
Assess the technical usability from the point of view of the lecturer and the student
Assess the accessibility from the point of view of the lecturer and the student
This useful source with specialized content for engaging, productive and assessable LL motivates both students and teachers in their use of general and terminological vocabulary in clear phrasing on an important topic of wide concern: environment and climate change.
Source was conceived as an education tool for the everyman.
By bringing in short presentations and lectures, these materials enhance language skills and environmental responsibility.
The Publications section includes chapters on Atmosphere, Biodiversity, Agriculture and Soils, Economics and Energy, Meteorology. An interesting approach is the choice to discuss the ''myths' (e.g. Temperature on Earth is due to natural causes.)
Source also includes video lecture and a glossary.
Source can be used for various kinds students.
Resource can be used in at least three ways in teaching: general vocabulary, terminology, academic communication in science (listening, speaking, writing).
Website of the Teaching Source: