Project's period (from/to):
Objectives of activities carried out:
It is divided into 4 main activities:
- Coordination of the activities
Coordination of the activities
• Planning of all the activities of the project for the 2 years project life
• Participation in and organisaiton of 4 transnational meetings of the steering committee
• Creation and update of the project website
• In progress reporting activities and delivery of yearly reports at progress and final stage
• Constant sharing of solutions and circulation of information through e-mails and skype meetings
• Check of the project state of art and of the respecting of the deadlines
- Making the QuILLPortal accessible to the largest possible number of head masters, teachers and students in higher education institutions.
- Sharing the QuILLPortal Portal and the results of the QuILLPortal project with the highest number of operators in the field of education
- Sharing the QuILLPortal Portal and the results of the QuILLPortal project with the highest number of citizens
- Spreading the QuILLPortal activities and results on the most popular Social Network.
In the framework of this TA Pixel has to carry out the following activities:
- Creation of Facebook project page
- Creation of the forms to be used by the partnerships
- Support in the creation of the Project brochure in English, to be translated by partners in National languages
- Dissemination activities
- Creation of the dissemination reports
- Creation of the transnational dissemination report
It aims to promote the project sustainability. The actions to be carried out are:
• Promote the Portal through the exchange links with Portals addressing similar issues (e.g. Portals providing educational materials for lecturers; portals on education etc.)
• Promote the among public authorities and key policy makers in order to gain institutional consensus and promoting the insertion of project results in policies for Education.
• Involve new members as associated partners
The aim of evaluation is to measure and ensure the quality of all the activities and of the project intellectual output. Both project partners and end users are involved and will have to fill in ad hoc questionnaires.
Description of activities carried out:
Pixel, in cooperation produced all the material for the first 3 partners' meetings. Pixel organized and managed the first 2 partners' meetings, which were held online. In particular:
1. The online venue of the partner meeting has been prepared
2. Information was given about the meeting practicalities and the city by preparing documentation.
3. The meeting folder was developed and the folder was then printed and distributed to the partners.
4. The project presentation was created using MS PowerPoint and was introduced during the meeting.
5. Inside the meeting folder was added a Calendar of Activities, an instrument for all partners to have a complete and resumed view over the activities of the project in all its length.
6. After the meeting, detailed minutes were prepared about what has been said and decided. A full list of annexes was also produced, some updating the drafts presented during the meeting while others were started from scratch.
7. The minutes and the annexes were then sent to the partners via email and uploaded on the web site.
Pixel, in cooperation with University of Cordoba, organized the third partners meeting held in Cordoba (ES). In particular:
1. The venue of the partners' meeting has been prepared
2. The accommodation was given to all the partners attending the meeting
3. Information was given about the meeting practicalities and the city by preparing documentation.
4. The meeting folder was developed and the folder was then printed and distributed to the partners.
5. The project presentation was created using MS PowerPoint and was introduced during the meeting.
6. After the meeting, detailed minutes will be prepared about what has been said and decided. A full list of annexes will be also produced, some updating the drafts presented during the meeting while others were started from scratch.
7. The minutes and the annexes will be then sent to the partners via email and uploaded on the web site.
Pixel took care of the transnational co-ordination and supervision of each activity to be carried by the partners, by creating a calendar of activities with established deadlines and mailing lists to manage each time period. Pixel produced and contributed to the production of forms to be used for the project activities and project management. For every activity Pixel sent the project partners the needed material, reminded the deadlines, answered the questions over any kind of issue, collected the produced material and sent it to technical partner.
Pixel created the dissemination form and organized several dissemination events.
Pixel helped the Project Coordinator in the preparation of the project’s brochure in English and coordinated the partners for the translation in their national languages.
Pixel created the templates and forms to be used by the partners for carrying out the exploitation activities.
The partners are currently involving the associated partners and collecting exploitation links.
Pixel is also in charge of the collection of the exploitation material produced by the partners and of its uploading on the project portal
The internal evaluation of the project’s activities is carried out according to an evaluation model developed by Pixel.
According to the evaluation model adopted, for every single project stage, an ad hoc “Evaluation Questionnaire” has been created, to be filled in by the project’s partners as far as the management activities; information systems; meeting organization etc. are concerned.
Pixel collected all partners’ evaluation questionnaires related to the partners' meeting.
Pixel also created the evaluation questionnaires to be used by the end users for the evaluation of the project intellectual outputs.
Pixel is in charge of the production of the transnational evaluation report.
1. Organisation of partners' meetings
2. Meeting Folders and Partners book
3. Project presentations
4. Calendar of Activities
5. Calendar of Deadlines
6. Forms to report dissemination events
7. Form to be used for tri-monthly activity reports
8. Guidelines for writing of best practice dissemination report
9. Forms for the associate partners involvement
10. Forms for the collection of exploitation links
11. Issues of the quality plan
12. Evaluation of partners' meeting
13. Organisation and coordination of the work of all partners, reminders of deadlines
A total number of 9 dissemination events have been carried out so far.
Partners are already working in order to collect exploitation links and involve associated partners.