Videos last about 15-30 minutes.
1. Pre-activity: Teacher introduces the topic Career paths. Higher education in Bulgaria> Students give reasons for studying medicine (vocation, family tradition, current medical situation etc.) in a particular country, in a system organized in several stages, in a particular language or in a world language.
2. Activity. Teacher introduces fragment of video An interview with the rector of Medical University in Plovdiv – and asks questions. https://nauka.bg/podkast-pleven-sazdava-badeshtite-medicinski-specialisti/ which presents the university and its challenges, the way different medical specialities are represented and the time assigned to students working with patients (conversation, filling in the forms, preparation for the operation etc.).
3. Teacher asks students to give the main info and asks students to organize a press conference on the topic. Questions about the medical system and education in their countries.
4. Vocabulary practice; FAQs
Медицинско образование /Medical education
Цели и задачи / Scope and aims
Лекари задачираз / Prominent Bulgarian doctors working in different branches
Актуални новини и събития / News
Стани член / Become a member of the students’ association
5. More practice: reading the infor in students section on Bulgarian university webpages: СССтуденти За наc.
Capacity to match the needs of lecturers and students
The provided tangible improvements
The capacity to motivate students to improve their language skills
Effectiveness in introducing innovative, creative and previously unknown approaches to LSP learning
Measurement of the transferable potential and possibility to be a source of further capitalisation/application for other language projects in different countries
Skills assessment and validation
Availability of appropriate tools for lecturers to monitor students’ progress and for students to assess own progress and to reflect on learning
Flexibility of the contents and possibilities for the LSP lecturers to adapt the contents to their and to students’ need
Assess the technical usability from the point of view of the lecturer and the student
Assess the accessibility from the point of view of the lecturer and the student
It addresses the needs of both parties by offering standard academic Bulgarian with the occasional colloquialism.
Students with an interest in science and general students will be motivated by the dynamic manner of presentation, the direct approach and the background.
Articles can be received freely by subscribing to podcast author’s blog.
Website of the Teaching Source: