1. Teacher announces the title - Medical insurance in Romania - and, through brainstorming, elicits information from students on what they know about the Romanian system.
2. Teacher suggests reading short texts, from the Take Care material and from other sources, related to the subject of the lesson.
3. Teacher discusses with students the terms related to medical insurance: medical / health insurance, agent, annual fee / rate, benefits, co-payment, limits / coverage ceiling, health services, insured card, insurance contract, insurance company insurance, coverage, number / code to be insured, intermediaries / mediator, monthly fee, home care service, risk assumed, payment contribution, policy, additional insurance.
4. Teacher and students use the glossary of terms in order to explain, understand and fix the meanings of the words.
5. For verification, teacher suggests a dialogue aimed at a comparison of the Romanian medical system with the existing medical system in the student's country of origin from the perspective of medical insurance, in order to recycle and fixate the new terms and use them adequately.
The results obtained
- the expansion of specialized vocabulary in the area of medical aid/healthcare
- a better understanding of medical terms due to the use of the available glossary.
Risks that have to be taken into account
- - students might face difficulties in understanding the structure and the organization of the Romanian healthcare system which might differ from the one from their country; in this case, teacher has to provide students with necessary explanations.